How long should my article be?
Ideally, each article should be between 500 and 750 words. If it goes a little over it may be edited before publication on IMchrisMitchell.com. If it goes over 800 words, more than likely it will be flat out rejected. If what you are writing is over 1000 words and editing it would destroy the article, you may pitch it as a 2-part article.
What do I get from my article being posted on your site?
If you are looking for cash, then regrettably you are either looking at the wrong blog to submit to or you are looking for the wrong reward.
What you do get is both exposure on the #DefineYourself blog, on our social media accounts, and in our newsletter. You also gain a clip you can add to your portfolio to impress editors (who may offer you payment for an article) in the future.
What is asked of contributors to the #DefineYourself blog
We ask that you share your post (including a link) on your social media profiles and in any other method, to help spread the word of your work and our site.
DO NOT pitch or submit an article that you have posted anywhere else or that you have plagiarized! Plagiarized material will be removed from the site and a report will be provided to the original owner of the material.
How do I pitch an article?
Always pitch the article idea first – never send an unsolicited complete article (if you do, they will be automatically rejected, and you may wind up blackballed)
Your pitch should include:
- A brief summary of your article including
- Is your article best suited for Motivational Mondays, a review or for Inspirational Stories.
- Why you think your story fits into the above-mentioned category.
- If you are profiling someone for your story, a little about the person.
- Why you think your article will be a good fit for the #DefineYourself blog
- Upon approval, how much time will you need to complete and submit your article.
Submit your pitch using the form at the bottom of this page.
How do I submit my completed article?
After we accept your pitch of your article, we will send you directions to submitting your article to our site.
If you have any questions, please send me an email